This is my first longboard; it got me hooked. I still ride it and it's quite fun.
My issue with this board is that it "has a little bit of everything." This might sound like a good thing to you, but hear me out.
1. It has little to no concave and very poor grip - this means that it is not ideal for Free-riding and Downhill.
2. It has tails... sorta. Arbor says they are functional, but I disagree. - Not ideal for Freestyle
3. The board is really flexy (165 lb), but it is also a drop through so it looses some of it's carvey-ness. - Not ideal for Carving/Slalom (I hate topmounting drop through boards)
4. It is only 8.8 inches wide. - Not ideal for Freestyle/Freeriding/Downhill
5. It's really flexy. - Not ideal for Downhill
I know that all I have said so far are negative things, but I still enjoy riding this board just to cruise on.
I suggest you only buy this if you are 100% sure that you want and EXTREMELY versatile board. I would still go with the Axis GT though because I had to put grip tape on mine quickly after buying it because the grip adhesive wore off fast.
One good thing I do have to say about this deck is that since there is almost no concave and the deck is so flexible, it can feel like I'm just gliding on air, or sliding on ice sometimes. I say this because I have ridden downhill and freeride boards that lock my feet in too much and are super stiff so I feel like I'm riding a tank. With the Arbor Axis, I feel very free.
Orders placed by 3:00PM ET will ship out the same day or you receive 10% off!*
Orders not placed on Business Days will ship out the first Business Day after the order is placed.*
We are pleased to offer free shipping on all orders shipping in the continental United States
Expedited shipping options
We offer several expedited shipping options. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We ship with USPS mail to APO and FPO addresses. You can view shipping costs at checkout.
We ship packages with UPS and USPS.
Please note that shipping times do NOT include the actual day of shipment. Our carriers, UPS and USPS, consider the first business day in transit to be the day after we ship. UPS Next Day and Second Day Air are the only exceptions as these packages will arrive within one or two days, respectively, of actual order placement.
Daddies defines a Business Day as 7:00am—5:00pm PST, Monday-Friday. Business days exclude official US holidays (e.g. Christmas, Labor Day, Memorial Day) and the days before and after the US Holiday, which are often observed by our shipping carriers as holidays.
Once your order ships, you will receive a tracking number by email. You can also visit our order status page here.
* For orders placed on non-Business Days, the 10% discount will only apply if we do not ship your order by the next Business Day. In addition, if there is an issue with your order, such as a need for additional payment verification, your order may not be processed the day it was placed and the 10% discount will not apply. In these cases, you will be contacted the same or next Business Day about your order. The 10% discount also does not apply when circumstances are beyond the control of Daddies Board Shop including, but not limited to, extreme weather events, facility damages, carrier mistakes, and any other third party problems that would affect our ability to process orders and are outside of our control.
99.9% of all orders ship out within one business day! In fact, over 90% of orders placed Monday-Friday before 3pm EST ship out the same day. These are not just pretty words. We stand behind this commitment with our Fast Shipping Guarantee.
Here's the guarantee: if we don't ship out within one business day, we will give you 10% off your order. See here for details.
The readers of Concrete Wave, the leading longboard publication, generously named Daddies the best online longboard shop of 2012. And we didn’t even have to bribe them!
Daddies has a few other feathers in its cap. We have been an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company in the United States for the last three years and a Portland Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for the past five years (our home is in Portland, Oregon). Our goal with all of this fast growth is clear: world domination! Well, that and being in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest fingernails.
We price match. And we'll give you 5% off for doing it.
We want to give you the best prices and best customer service. We know that nobody ever, ever, ever beats our customer service. But, we’re also going to take care of you if someone dares to try and beat us on price! See here for details.
PEEL. STICK. ART.
This month, all orders over $19.95 get the newest sticker of the month. This month's sticker isn't here to rescue Ram-Bro from you. It's here to rescue you from Ram-Bro.
As always, every order will come with two free classic Daddies stickers at no cost. We know... we're sweet.