Name: Tad Drysdale
Age:53 years young
Home: Kirkland, Washington
First Board: Sector 9, Cloud Nine
Favorite Board: Landyachtz, Carbon Evo
Favorite Hill: My Favorites would have to be Mt.Lemmon AZ. 23 Miles of fast downhill bliss, Maryhill of course, Alpental, and Mt. Baker in Washington
Injuries: In 2006 when I was in a skate park, I broke my right fibula and severed the ligament across my ankle, and now have a metal plate and screws. The Doc told me if I want to get rid of the pain in my leg I would have to have the metal removed, but also said that I probably would not break that bone again if I left it in. So for now it stays in. In 2008 I tore up my left shoulder and got a concussion.
Races & Results:
- Danger Bay, 2004,2005,2007,2008,2009
- Sully Challenge, 2004,2005,2007,2008
- Vernon BC. 2004,2005
- Top Challenge, Montreal 2005, 12th place finish.
- Munnsville, NY 2008
- Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo, Calgary. 2006, 2007, 2009
- Sandia Challenge, ABQ, NM. 2005, 2006.
- Ditch Slap, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Maryhill, North American Championships 2005, 2006 (Timeship Racing)
- Maryhill, IGSA, world cups 2007,2008,2009
- Tri City Outlaw 2008
- Burnside Bomb 2008
- Cathlamet Downhill Corral 2009
Why Daddies: When I started skateboarding when I was 47 years old, I found Daddies to be a great source of information. From the very beginning I could not believe fast and precise there service was. Melanie, Dan, and Sarah, really know how to make things work.
Words of Wisdom: I don't recommend you start skating when you are 47, but I am proof that it is possible. Skateboarding has changed my life and made it the best, happiest years of my life. I wish I had started when I was much younger but it has been all worth it. Even with taking a few lumps along the way. Words of Wisdom? Be smart, be safe, and always wear a helmet!
Real Job: I design and remodel kitchens for a living.